As a mother of two I am no stranger to using baby carriers and have used carriers more with my second baby than my first because once you have more than one child you just do not have enough hands to go around. Rozlynn was almost three when Juliet joined us and I was totally against filling the back of my car with a double stroller, even though I drive a Toyota Sequoia. I feel that double strollers are just way to big and bulky when you’re trying to shop. This is when baby wearing became essential. I’ve used and have several different carriers and was attracted to the Beco Butterfly 2 for two reasons, color choices (this may be not seem like a big deal but sometimes a girl needs to coordinate with her clothes) and the fact that you don’t have to buy any extra inserts for a newborn.
When I received the Beco I liked what I saw right away. The one I received was the Sierra color pattern, and was packaged nicely in the box and required no assembly. I was able to pull it out and put it right on. I did have some problems with the straps and figuring out how to adjust them properly but after a quick YouTube search all my questions were answered.
This is the one I received
The things I really like about the Beco Butterfly 2
- Internal harness that aids in the transferring of child/baby between people. It also helped me be able to use the back carry method without any help.
- It has an extra tall carrier body that makes me feel like my baby is more secure
- Headrest/hood is removable
- Fits larger women better without the need to purchase belt extensions
- Everything is included, you do not need to purchase extra accessories to use with a newborn
- Ability to purchase a matching Beco Mini for your children to carry “their babies” in
Things I don’t care for
- I feel that the buckles and strap adjustments are a little hard to get the hang of than other carriers
- The instruction manual seems outdated without enough information. I couldn’t figure out how to adjust the buckles properly and had to turn to YouTube to find the answer because the Manual was unclear.
- Lack of pocket. I really miss having a pocket to put my keys, debit card, and Iphone in.
Overall I love the carrier and I love the look. My daughter is getting older and heavier which makes the back carry more comfortable and I am able to do it by myself with the Beco. I also LOVE that my 3 yr old daughter can be a “mommy” too and carry her baby when we walk with her Beco Mini. Having a carrier for her helps her feel included which is very important. She was an only child for over 2 ½ years and adding a baby to her life was quite an adjustment. She loves wearing it and carrying her babies! When you purchase your Beco I highly recommend purchasing a Beco Mini if you have an older child.
You can purchase your Beco Butterfly 2 carrier Here you will be very happy if you do! I consider this a must have for new babies. It’s always wonderful to have a must have item that grows with your child where you can get years of use out of it. Also don’t forget to purchase your Beco Mini!