I decided after several months of not blogging on a consistent basis I finally wanted to start something that I could regularly blog about. I had to really think into what I wanted to write about. I decided to head in the direction of Breastfeeding blogging. Why? Because Breastfeeding is really hard. Yes, it’s very time consuming and mentally draining for new mothers trying it. My older children we’re all bottle fed. My breastfeeding week 1 journey was a complicated one. My son Hunter is tongue tied. For mothers who have babies who breastfed and we’re tongue tied, it’s kinda painful to breastfeed. We’re talking about toe curling pain! Luckily, tomorrow he goes in for the procedure to get it clipped.
I have combined a list of things I didn’t know what to expect until I breastfed:
1. You leak everywhere. Yes, it’s something to get used to. I finally see why mama’s used breastpads.
2. You’ll sleep less. When my older ones we’re bottle fed, they slumbered longer.
3. It’s kinda painful. Well, from my own personal experience it was. However, since doctor found out baby is tongue tied, we found the culprit.
4. You’ll be buying accessories. $$$ Which is honestly OK, however I hadn’t a clue how many different products you need.
5. You’ll lose weight fast! I dropped my baby weight mostly within the first week. I think I’m 5 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight.
That’s just a super simple list that I came up with, as I’m sure there is plenty of more things that I will face over the next few weeks as I transition into Breastfeeding. I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions below. I always love getting tips from experienced mothers who have been in my shoes before.